Hello potential Etsy Dallas member! Thank you for your interest in joining our team. Please read over the following guidelines. If you meet them, we'd love to have you apply! Applications for 2009 Membership are available January 15 through January 31. That gives you two weeks to submit applications and dues.
The team will begin accepting members once a year - in January/February, with the option to add members throughout the year on an "invitation-only" basis. Membership will be limited to 60 members, give or take a few depending on the "invite-only" clause.
$20 annual dues will be in effect. This will cover the cost of our web site, Flickr page, promo card swaps (you won't have to pay for them yourself anymore!), promotions, marketing, deposits on event locales, etc.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIPGet access to the Google group where advice, questions, team plans, and general crafty know-how is posted daily.
Get listed on our web site, which receives numerous hits each day. (We've even had to purchase more bandwidth several times due to high traffic volume.)
Be included in blog postings such as Member Spotlights and Category Spotlights.
Get a guaranteed booth space in our team shows, so long as booths are still available once you apply. Members will get first crack at applying to shows before non-members do.
Get a member rate discount to shows. Non-members will have to pay a higher booth fee, but will be welcome to apply and participate in our shows, if space allows.
Your $20 annual due will pay for itself and then some!
1) Have an active Etsy shop with items listed for sale.
2) Sell your own handmade goods, following Etsy's policies.
3) Live within a 30-mile radius of the center of Dallas. To find out if you qualify: go to Google maps, type in your address, and get directions to Dallas, TX, USA.
4) Make an effort to be active in some way - either remotely by participating online via our Google group, blog contributing, etc. and/or actively in our shows and get-togethers.
5) Be juried in to the group. We will be looking at quality and variety of work and past group participation (if applicable).
6) Pay $20 at the time of application in order to be considered for membership. If you are not juried in or miss the deadline, you will be refunded the entire $20.
7) Meet all requirements and submit complete applications. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
8) Meet the deadlines. Sorry, no exceptions!
Fill out all fields, using "N/A" if not applicable. Paste + Copy and email completed application to our Member Email Address. Once you submit the application, send $20 payment to Etsy Dallas Treasury via Paypal. No other form of payment will be accepted.
Name (first and last):
City, State, Zip:
Primary Email Address (submit only one):
Etsy Shop (link):
Web Site (link):
What do you create? (2-3 sentences max)
Have you been a member of Etsy Dallas before?
If so, what things did you do to participate in the team? (Google group, crafting circles, team shows, card swaps, promoting the team on your blog, etc.)
How do you see yourself participating in the team in 2009?
Are there any specific volunteer roles you'd like to take? (blog contributing, planning meet-ups, helping out at our shows, etc.)
What do you expect to get out of being a member of Etsy Dallas?
Thank you for your interest in joining Etsy Dallas!