May 28, 2009
May 20, 2009
The Spring Bash was such a huge success, that I'm starting to plan our next endeavor, the Etsy Dallas Jingle Bash. It will be held at Sons of Hermann Hall, November 21st in Dallas. If you thought the Spring Bash was totally freaking awesome, just you wait. The Jingle Bash will blow the Spring Bash outta the water, or snow.
Mark them calendars!
Etsy Dallas Jingle Bash
Sons of Hermann Hall
Keep updated at www.etsydallas.com
May 14, 2009
Celebrate the spring season with the 1st Annual Etsy Dallas Spring Bash, a festive arts & crafts extravaganza in the heart of The Cedars neighborhood just south of Downtown at South Side on Lamar.
Date: Saturday, May 16, 2009
Location: 1409 South Lamar, Dallas 75215
Located at the historic South Side lofts, site of the old Sears, Roebuck & Co.'s Catalog Merchandise Center, the Spring Bash will feature:
- Over 50 artists, designers, and crafters selling their handmade wares. Full vendor list here: www.bashvendors.blogspot.com
- Music by local DJ John Durbin
- Free crafts at the now-famous Etsy Dallas Make & Take booth with help from Irving Girl Scout Troop #1637
- The Vanity Stand where shoppers can dress up in an array of crazy costumes, get their photo taken and go home with a snapshot of the fun time
- Free raffle featuring handmade items donated by Etsy Dallas members
- Special guest: La Reunion, a non-profit arts program located in Oak Cliff
- Cash donations accepted benefitting Family Place, a local non-profit domestic violence shelter serving women and children in Dallas.
- The show will also offer free Goody Bags for the first 50 shoppers - so get there early!
There is no cost for admission or entertainment, but please bring plenty of CASH as most vendors cannot accept credit cards. There is an ATM near the main South Side entrance.
This event will be family-friendly with a hip vibe of handmade love and good times. Think of this not just as an arts & crafts show, but as a party! For more info visit www.etsydallas.com.
See you at the Bash!
May 13, 2009
I always enjoy visiting other cities. Not only is it like a mini-vacation, but a great chance to meet some new amazing people. We went so far and actually met a funky gal who lives right around the corner from us. Jane Joss is a home decor must-have, and actually resides a stone's throw away in Arlington.