June 13, 2009

A night at the Dark Carnival

We spent last night at the Dark Carnival at The Church/Lizzard Lounge in Deep Ellum. They had jugglers, people dancing on stilts, popcorn, cotton candy,fun dancy music and the list goes on.

I haven't been to the Church in years, so it was interesting to see the place still thriving and still the same, and yet different. They even have a new outdoor upstairs balcony that has a great view of downtown.

They've been putting on tons of themed events this year that are totally worth making the trip out there. Check out some of the upcoming fun here: www.thechurchdallas.com

I only snapped one pic last night, since I was so distracted by everything else that was going on. Our buddy Miss Tara to the T was all dressed up in her cute handmade corset dress, selling her killer vintage style accessories along with all the dark fun. I was able to snag a cute item from her shop, but I can't tell what it is because it's a gift, so shhhhh. :) But do take a trip on over to Tara's shop and check out her work. www.taratothet.etsy.com

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

As usual, Tara looks smokin' hot! Glad you had fun. Can't wait to see my present. (haha)