February 22, 2008

If a tree falls down in the woods can you make something out of it?



After on icky yucky wind storm, the sad pathetic dead tree in my front yard finally keeled over. In the morning I awoke to this disaster. My heart was sad, but my mind filled with excitement because I knew this tree would live on in its afterlife as beautiful wall art in my living room.

That dayI drug the whole thing in through my house and out to the backyard, where my spray painting station lives. (A good spray painting station consists of one huge drop cloth and 3 cans of black spray paint. Classy, i know.) Anywho, I slapped layers of black spray paint on this baby and a top coat of lovely glossiness to force a little sparkle out of such a life-less chunk of wood. With that done, I popped on a few lovely fake lilies with my friend the hot glue gun and WHOALA! A beautiful masterpiece to hang above my TV.

Now my wall is purdy! I love surprise art projects! woo hoo!

5 comments:

OMB said...

That is pretty. Looks great on against the green wall!!! What a pleasant surprise!!!!

Ivy & Mae said...

great creative use!

Field Notes said...

That is fantastic! And, it does look great against that color of wall.

becca.elpy said...

very chic!

Sherie said...

very lovely artwork :) im huge on making art out of found objects too.